The Undergraduate Program in Communication (UPIC) is one of the study programs under Faculty of Social and Political Sciences (FSPS). In 2023, UI’s Communication Studies Program ranked the best in Indonesia according to Quacquarelli Symonds World University Ranking (QS WUR) by Subject and Times Higher Education World University Ranking (THE WUR).
The curriculum and program structure are designed to enable graduates of this program to answer communication problems in various issues of urban and rural communities–both global and local–and based on academic principles and professional ethics. The designated abilities are delivered throughout four specializations offered to the students: media studies, journalism, public relations, and advertising.
Various competencies possessed by UPIC:
- To build self-development skills according to professional needs.
- To optimize integrity, academic, and professional ethics.
- To examine theoretical concepts in social science and communication studies and build research–starting from research design, data collection and analysis methods that align with academic and professional ethics.
- To acquire competency that are beneficial to society; through the ability to transfer ideas in the form of messages using various channels.
- To use appropriate information technology to support studies in the field of communication to answer various communication problems in society, both global and local.